6.18.2004

Need to squeeze the Charmin

This is not going to be good. The closest yarn store is about 30-40 minutes away. And a really good one is 45 minutes to an hour away. I called 3 of them yesterday and none of them even carry Debbie Bliss yarns. Seeing as I'm expecting our 2nd little one soon it would be foolish of me to think that I could start a yarn store here anytime soon but I'd like to! When I'm pregnant I tend to sense impending doom - as in my life as I know it will end and so think of ways to be productive and get a sense of accomplishment ( a sort of denial). Silly, yes I know, but maybe it has something to do with hormones. With Jessica I really liked the idea of the Edible Schoolyard Project which I still love but apparently with this one I want to open a retail store and go back to work. I *have* always wanted to start my own business so this does fit. I'll check back with myself in a little while (maybe after I'm getting sleep again with the 2nd one). Seems like I have a bit of research to do in the mean time.

I've decided to rip out the pink Manos del Uruguay that I put in my Vintage Knits Poncho because it doesn't really go with the other colors and I'd rather not waste my Manos. I'll try to find a sweater or cardigan pattern like I had originally planned - not sure if I have enough (5 skeins).

My yarn package arrived from Woolwinders - yippee!! Now I have to check to see if I have the right size needles for either project. I'm planning on checking out Hunt Country Yarns this weekend so I can get needles there if I need. So what turned out as something fun to do with a friend because she wanted to learn on a cold day in December is now my own obsession.

I gave up on Henry and June and have instead decided to try Anna Karenina again. Yes, yes I know Oprah has picked this as part of her book club, I don't care, I think it's a good time to read it. It's the summer and there's nothing good to watch on TV anymore. West Wing, Arrested Development, Friends are all over for the season. Even the NBA finals are done. Yesterday I sat knitting while Mike watched Star Trek: Enterprise. There is nothing I even want to Tivo. I guess we will try to catch up on movies that we haven't seen since Jessi was born!! We Tivoed Spiderman last night and since Spiderman 2 is in theater's soon I wanted to see the first one so I'm caught up. Now that we've moved closer to family we are actually going to get to see more than 1 movie a year in the theaters. I'm so excited. I really want to see the Harry Potter movie since I'm a big fan. I tried to read Anna Karenina in high school (I still have my copy of it from then) and it was just too long for my immature attention span. Plus I will probably take a peak at the Oprah site to read the book club reading guide. I'll take my help where I can get it.

The perinatologist visit this afternoon went well. Everything's the right length and closed the way it's supposed to be. The baby weighs about 2.2 pounds and is moving around like an acrobat. So everything's good in that department. I have another appointment in 2 weeks for another internal ultrasound.

Tonight I'm getting a pedicure with my cousin for some pampering. Since I can't reach my toes comfortably enough to put on shoes with laces I thought it'd be a nice treat. I'm so looking forward to it. My footsies are looking a little rough around the edges from a long, dry DC winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home