6.03.2004

Sleepless in the Mid-Atlantic

So I wake up this morning at 4:30 AM and can't go back to sleep. My allergies started to make my nose run so I'm sniffing and sniffing and then realize I should just go downstairs so Mike can sleep peacefully since I am having no luck trying to get back to dreamland. So I have some breakfast - chive cream cheese is the BEST. (I will SO miss my favorite local bagel store.) Then I proceed to clear some of my shows off of Tivo and knit some of my new project to avoid the concentration that finishing requires... the Colinette Vintage Knits Poncho pattern using various non-Colinette yarns. I do want to try one of these kits eventually. They always look so beautiful hanging in my LYS.

I have been bitten by the spider bug and have the crazy urge to knit Charlotte's Web after seeing how Kerstin's turned out and seeing the Charlotte Knit-Along. Plus Koigu looks great but I'll need some help picking the colorways! I'm not going to let myself start this until the baby blanket is done. I will need to repeat this often because I have the need to start things lately. I think it's moving week jitters. But I also love the Alison's Daisy Cardigan from Pipsqueeks and just ordered this pattern book and a few other knitting books with the birthday gift certificate from my Uncle and his wife (Thank you Uncle Rob & Candy). Among the other purchases: Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book, Vogue Knitting Quick Reference, Rowan Junior, Knitting Without Tears, and The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques.

Tomorrow is the last day of packing before the real move! I will be on hiatus from blogging until I get my computer connected to the network at the new place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home