7.27.2004

My first sock is DONE! I'm so excited. I've already cast on for the second one and tried to match up the yarn as best as I could. I think it'll still be a little off though. But I love the way this fits. It's perfect for my foot! And double-pointed needles don't scare me anymore. I think that the 2x2 rib is too loose for my preference so I will wither do a 1x1 rib or use the same size needles as the rest of the sock (the pattern I had uses US 3s for the first 3 1/2 or so inches then switches to US 2s for the rest of the sock). There will definitely be more knitted socks in my future. They are the ultimate on-the-go project.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sock! I have found that 1x1 rib is even looser than 2x2. Why not try a 3x1 rib - if you like it to be more clingy, that should help! Keep up the excellent work. Sheryl (imahp1@insightbb.com)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos on your first sock! Looks great! I just cast on for my second pair last night. They are such fun to knit!

~sUsAn~
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home