8.23.2004

36 weeks!!

Today I'm 36 weeks pregnant and it has been so great to still *be* pregnant and also to not be on bedrest this time around. I went to the doctor on Friday and the baby has already shifted to the head down position. Now I start visiting the doctor every week.

I started seaming up Sundby and have the shoulders and one sleeve attached so far. I'm hoping to finish that this week and find the buttons for the lime-green Sirdar sweater to finish up for Jessi.

I purchased some Kool-Aid (Blue Moon Berry and Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade) with the intent on dyeing some yarn. Of course I have yet to buy yarn for this endeavor - I've been outbid twice on eBay for some sport/DK weight yarn.

I finally finished the left front of Grace (Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora). I am NOT starting the right side now, instead I cast on for the sleeve. I am not in any mood to change needles every row. This will have to wait. I love knitting with this yarn. It's so soft and feels wonderful passing through my fingers.

I've started Klaralund early (because who knows how much time I have left) and am into the second skein but I want to rip out the garter stitch edging and do something more creative with the edging. Not sure if it will show up with the colors in the yarn. I also want to do some shaping but I don't know if I'm that ambitious right now to figure out where to start doing it or how to do it the right way.

In blogucation I am starting on reading the blue blog archives. This is one of my absolute favorite blogs out there. Alison's been on quite a roll this summer with finished objects.

3 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

I was wondering if anyone else out there was tempted to cheat and start Klaralund early! I haven't started yet, but I really want to. I totally agree with you on the Cotton Angora yarn - it feels incredible. It's almost impossible to stop knitting with it!

And congrats on making it to 36 weeks - I didn't make it that far with my boys. I was on bedrest a little more than a month and the morning after the doctor said it was safe to get up and move around normally, they came!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blogucation"...what a perfect word! Congrats on 36 weeks! YIPPEE!

sUsAn
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com/

9:32 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi - I just found your blog while doing a google search on Klaralund. I'm making one also, and I already completed the back. I'm a cheater! I'm waiting until the official kickoff to finish it though. I'm used silk garden #86, which is very brown. I noticed that you shop at Woolwinders, its my LYS. Its only about 10 minutes away from me. Where did you live before you moved to VA? Maybe we were neighbors! Best of luck with the pregnancy - I don't envy you being pregnant in the heat of summer. I did it once!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home