8.25.2004

Another FO! This is the cardigan for baby #2 that I messed up while seaming the sleeve together. When I tried to rip out the sleeve I ripped out stitches rather than the seaming yarn in the front right part of the cardigan and had live stitches that I had no idea what to do with. I brought it in to Woolwinders to see if they could help me fix that part. Jacqui sent it to their finisher and when it came back, to my surprise, it was completely finished, buttons and all! I think this is so cute! I'm sort of glad that it got all finished because I was able to see what reall finishing is supposed to look like. The seams on the inside are so small and perfect. Mine are a bit bigger than this so maybe I need to change the way I'm doing things! I loved knitting with DB Baby Cahmerino and am eager to knit something for myself with this yarn even though I will need to use US 2s and 3s (think: Ruffle Edge Cardigan). There's a new orange color in this yarn that I'm thinking about, even though my first instinct is to go with the lilac since it's more "me". Anyway, here are the specs on the cardigan and hat shown here. The Classic Cardigan is from the Baby Cashmerino book in the smallest size. Navy as the main color and light blue as the accent. The roll brim knotted hat is from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, also the in smallest size in navy Baby Cashmerino.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awhhhh...that is adorable!!! DB Baby Cahmerino is so soft and yummy! Oooo, and a new orange color??? Must go check that out soon at the LYS.

sUsAn
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

1:32 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Wow you've been a busy knitter! Love the little baby cardigan. Sooo sweet!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home