8.17.2004

Finished the sleeve!

This weekend I went and picked up the extra hank of Kochoran for the last inch of my sleeve and Monday I finished the sleeve. Now on to uncharted territory for me: blocking. I've never done it and don't really know how. I'm going to pick up my Stitch 'N Bitch book and see what it says to do. Needless to say, I don't own a Spaceboard or other blocking board (although the Spaceboard is on my wish list for the holidays). As I was winding the Kochoran I realized that there has to be an easier way. One look through my Patternworks catalog shows that, yes, there is: a ball winder and wooden swift! Not sure if the ball winders come in an electric version but I would imagine that if there's a manual one there has to be electric. I will need to do some further investigation. Feel free to leave comments if you have a preference one way or the other, can recommend places to get them, etc. Thank you in advance.

While at Woolwinders they also had recently received a shipment of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in the light blue color I've been looking for so I bought enough to make the Shawl Collared Cardigan from The Cashmere Collection pattern book. I also had Knitting on the Edge in my basket and am kicking myself for putting it back on the shelf.

In the finishing department I had honest intentions to finish the first sweater I made (see On Hold items on the side - Sirdar Kool Kidz Sweater) that is only waiting for buttons but I couldn't find a needle thin enough to go through a button. I'll have to search around the house to see if we have one of those travel sewing kits that always has a needle and thread in it.

For those Klaralund-alongers I went to the CTH Noro Book Two errata page (it's a .pdf) and found an error for the pattern's finished measurements which will affect how many skeins you need to purchase so go check it out to make sure you will have enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home