8.19.2004

Got gauge for Klaralund!

I went to my LYS yesterday, Uniquities, and was able to get gauge using... get this... Addi US 7s!! Huh? This makes no sense to me at all since I couldn't get gauge using 8s or 9s in bamboo and it looked like I was going to need to go up to 10s (see yesterday's post). The row gauge is completely off but I can adjust for that since the Klaralund pattern doesn't have specific row counts for most of the sweater, only 'work until piece measures x inches/cm'. I will adjust the edging that it calls for and since it's not fitted there aren't any decreases to adjust. I was able to pick up the 2 extra skeins of Silk Garden #8, Lot P2 that I needed and I'm all set to start Klaralund early because who knows how much time I have left before I will want snuggle the new baby and sniff in that new baby smell. My due date is not until September 20 (I'm 35 1/2 weeks) but we're surprised he's stayed in this long; every day we think this could be the day. And it's so great to be walking around and not on bedrest!!

While at Uniquities I had to pick up 5 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Lilac for a sweater or cardigan for myself (maybe Sitcom Chic) because the color was calling to me. Any suggestions for other patterns are welcome! And I picked up 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in a beautiful purple color with which I will use the FiberTrends Railroad pattern (that I already have), although I really love the Raindrop Lace Sock pattern (which I do not own - and won't for some time since I'm forbidding myself to go into a yarn store unless I absolutely need something - like needles or stitch markers for a project for at least a month or two).

Yesterday we went to the Melting Pot for our early anniversary dinner. We decided to move it up a few weeks since we really do feel we are on borrowed time (meaning the baby would make an early appearance and then we'd be too tired to eat!). It was delicious as always... and this time I was able to eat all that I wanted since my appetite seems to have increased in the last week. Normally I am too full by the time the chocolate comes to eat more than a few bites but this time I was able to give Mike a good challenge in the dark chocolate eating contest. After dinner I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a few books for Jessi (Froggy Plays in the Band, The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, and Froggy Goes to School) and was able to browse the knitting section and I read through every page of Knitting on the Edge and I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home