8.08.2004

Mission Accomplished

Yesterday was a successful outing to MD. We bought a Graco Duo Glider tandem double stroller. I didn't expect to buy this model but am pleasantly surprised that we got away under $200. I was thinking they would cost $400... and they could've but this was the one that was recommended by the store staff and they haven't steered us wrong yet in the past 4 years. It's heavy but all the tandem strollers are heavier than the side-by-sides. The problem with the side-by-sides as I see it is that it's hard to fit in aisles (at the mall or other stores). But they are light and I did really like the Peg Perego Aria Twin and the Combi Twin Savvy. I have been satisfied with these brands in the past as these are the brands we have in the single strollers.

We took White's Ferry over to MD for the first time and it was so neat to see something so historical and low-tech at the end of a 2-lane country road compared to the super highways that inhabit this area. The drive was beautiful with verdant views all around. Jessica enjoyed playing with all of the diaper disposal systems, the toddler chaise lounge (because every toddler should have a chaise lounge, you know), and the gliders. Mike picked a bedding that he liked: Lambs and Ivy Baby League.

I also was able to get in a visit to Woolwinders but they didn't have the colors that I was looking for. The pastels will be coming in the next shipment. I have known for a long time that I am not a Fall colors girl. I look washed out and tired when wearing anything rust, rose, plum, crimson, etc. The colors that look good on me are more the newborn colors - light pink, light blue, light green, lilac, you get the picture. Mike found some worsted weight sock yarn that he liked in self-striping blues (I thought he would like browns and black better... next time I won't go with my first instinct). I think he's a wild man inside the conservative exterior... or he wants to have some crazy stripe socks like me this winter. I brought home black/brown ones thinking he might get more use out of them because they were conservative and practical but he suprised me today. To this he says that it's nice that he can still surprise me.

At the end of this month we will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary (married in Aug 1997, started dating June 1995). I already have Melting Pot reservations planned. It's our favorite place for any occassion that we can conjure up! Before kids we used to make up fun excuses to go there... now money, time, and finding babysitting have limited it to real occasions like birthdays and wedding anniversaries. No matter; it's always a great meal! And I'm so looking forward to eating my favorite course - the cheddar cheese fondue (with lots of garlic)! I tried to recreate this in our home fondue pot but it came up a little short of expectations. Will have to try again. Mike is no fool - his favorite course is dessert - Cookies and Cream Marshmallow Dream. Melted dark chocolate swirled with toasted marshmallow cream and topped with crushed Oreo cookies with all sorts of delicious dippers. Yum! Usually by the dessert course I eat a little and then get nauseated while Mike finishes every last drop of chocolate. I seriously cannot watch at this point and he finds this hysterical (probably due to a sugar high). I love my silly guy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Graco Duo was the type I used with my girls. It served us well. My dh and I LOVE the Melting Pot!!!! I'm drooling just thinking about that place! Their cheese fondue is my fave too! Happy early anniversary!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Graco Duo was the type I used with my girls. It served us well. My dh and I LOVE the Melting Pot!!!! I'm drooling just thinking about that place! Their cheese fondue is my fave too! Happy early anniversary!

~sUsAn~
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home