8.29.2004

Ripping the Klaralund sleeve

Today at the start of nap time I ripped out the 4 inches of sleeve that I had cast on yesterday and started again using the smallest size. Why I am making a large to begin with (38" chest) I have no idea.

I will probably need to rip out the front and back and start over in a medium. I will wait and see. I haven't had much success in trying to rip out seams (Classic Cardigan) so I will try to pin things together to see how they might fit when all of the pieces are done (post-baby).

I started a pair of socks for Jessica with the leftover Regia Crazy Stripes (color: Las Vegas) yarn that I had from my pair. I'm thinking that an anklet sock would be good for her. The pattern I'm using is the smallest size (kids 2-4) from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I'd like to try to knit some gloves from this book too. Just not sure what yarn to use; I'd love to use some from my stash but I'm not sure it's big enough yet (with leftovers).

1 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Those Klaralund sleeves are humongous! I started one and wowza, big! Maybe it's a good thing that it got you to rip and start over with a better size. Can't wait to see more of it! :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home