10.06.2004

What to do with the koigu? I am going to do it - rip Charlotte, that is. Anyone up for a rip-along? I have mentioned before that I have made a mistake in almost every row. There is no doubt in my mind that this shawl will look horrible if I continue on (due to sleep deprivation there would be multiple errors in each row!). Now is not the time for the multitude of yarnovers and complicated patterns. I just couldn't get this right. Yes I am frustrated with myself. Bad, bad knitter! The truth is that I love the Koigu KPPPM yarn and want to use it for something that I can drape over me! Maybe the Gypsy Shawl over at Kerrie's Place. Please post your ideas in the comments about what I can do with this gorgeous yarn! Hmmmf...Defeat admitted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You could make socks! You have enough Koigu for at least 2 pairs of socks!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Oh, I'm sad for you that you're ripping ... I haven't followed the details, but do you really think there's too many mistakes? Well, then, here's some Koigu ideas:
Baby Stuff
Mittens/gloves
Socks
Check 'the yarn girl's guide to simple Knits' for a fun hat using 2 strands of Koigu ... I made one and it was fun and easy.
Rip, baby, rip!
Jenifer
http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com/

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

I think you should rip and start Charlotte again. I was about as far as you are when I ripped mine out! It helped to count the stitches (8 at a time) at the end of every RS row to make sure I was on track, and could easily fix an error before I had gone on to a purl row. It's easy to correct a missed yo by just picking up the "ladder" below onto the needle, etc. I think your colors are gorgeous, and would make a striking Charlotte....

7:56 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Did you rip it out yet? Do you have ANY desire left to start afresh? I completed my Charlotte and it looks very, very beautiful and I know that there are some errors in it. I was never able to just knit along on it smoothly without having to check the pattern every 2 secs. But, I did have some tools to help me. One was a magnetic board (LoRan makes them.) I kept a copy of Uli's chart on one side, and Morgan's pattern rewrite on the other. With a pencil at my side, I checked off every single row I knit, and used the LoRan magnifying line thingy to keep my place. This is not grab 'n go mindless knitting! It was slow and sometimes frustrating, but as I got towards the end, I was truly amazed at what I had created. Your colors are SO beautiful -- you really should give it another try. See my blog for lots more details and good luck!
http://shelovestoknit.typepad.com/she_loves_to_knit/knitting_and_other_random_content/index.html

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home