11.12.2004

I just love King Arthur Flours and their baking catalog. Here's my order that just arrived this week. I love them!! I am going to place another order soon (because a gift certificate to their catalog is on my holiday wish list). In this order: Dough Relaxer, cinnamon chips (I just love these so much that I bought 2 of them), bread bags for when I want to give the gift of bread to neighbors and loved ones, a dough whisk, a cool angled measuring cup for small liquid measurements, and an Italian Baker, which helps make crispy bread on the outside and nice and chewy bread on the inside. I realized that I needed to ask for a g.c. for the holidays because after browsing the catalog again I realized that I would LOVE the capuccino baking chips, the cherry mini baking chips, some different bread base flavorings (olive, garlic and herb, provence), and other things - YUM! Don't these make you want to go get some flour and yeast and start baking!!

I got a craving for cinnamon streusel coffee cake while going through their catalog so opened up my trusty Baker's Companion Cookbook and Jessi and I made a to-die-for coffee cake. She had a great time squishing all of the streusel topping together with her hands and then crumbling it onto the cake. She's a most excellent squisher. I would show you pictures of the cake but I gave some to our cousins and we ate the rest (well there is some that I stashed away in the freezer in case of emergency). You never know when a coffeecake emergency will arise.


Recently I had a Discovery Toys party at my house because I'm a sucker for educational toys. And boy was it fun seeing all the stuff that they have. I just placed my order last night and am so excited for the stuff to arrive. I'm saving most of them for the holidays or "just-in-case" presents. We opened up one of the 'games' this past week when my husband had to go out of town on business for the night - Playful Patterns. It's like preschool in a box. There are all sorts of colorful shapes and you match them to shapes and pictures on the laminated cards or use them for sorting and guessing games (like which color is missing). I love catalog shopping too because it seems that every time I go out to the store to get something (whether it be a toy or sheets for Jessi or towels for the kid's bathroom) I can never find the item for which I'm looking. It's rather annoying since I don't have tons of time to be gallavanting around town with little milk-guzzler in tow (and sometimes my preschooler too). Anyone with small kids knows that a trip that should take 20 minutes will inevitably take over an hour and include at least one meltdown in a public place. Online shopping and catalogs are this girl's dream mall!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! All your King Arthur goodies sound YUMMY! Ditto online shopping and catalogs-love them!

sUsAn
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'have just bookmarked you. Great site

I have a ebay auctions misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
eBay misspelled auctions

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home