2.07.2005

This was my Super Bowl scrap. Journaling reads:It was the perfect snow to build a snowman. The flakes were huge, squishy, and oh so packable. It was the kind of snow that made a crunching sound when we stepped on it. As soon as you got home from preschool you begged to go outside to play in the snow. I took you on a quick sled ride in our back yard and then we got to work making a snowman. Having grown up in South Florida I didn’t have much experience building a snowman of any kind but we just kept packing it together and pressing snowballs into our big snow lump. You kept taking handfuls and eating the snow and then you would take some and put it on our growing snowman. I asked if we were finished and you said, “No. He’s not as big as me yet.” So we kept building until the snowman was the same height as you . When we were finished, we yelled up for Dad to come and look at our first snowman. He asked where our snowman’s face was. Then he brought down one of your dress-up hats, my scarf, 2 grapes for the eyes, and a carrot for the nose! It was the cutest and lumpiest snowman I’d ever seen. We were so proud! The next day we had 50 degree weather. When I looked out the window later that day our snowman had a curious leftward lean. He was melting! Oh what fun it was to make that snowman. He may not have lasted very long but my memory of this will last forever!


Quote reads: "star light, star bright. please don't let me melt tonight"
Elements - Ribbon and most papers from Mel - Violette Kit, Circle letters and lavender canvas paper around border by Gina Cabrera
Quote - 2Peas Pea SoupElements - Ribbon and most papers from Mel - Violette Kit, Circle letters and lavender canvas paper around border by Gina Cabrera
Jayne Print - journaling, Pegsanna HMK (our), Mordred (first and quote)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home