3.02.2005

I finally received my Mastercook CD... 2 days my butt. Oh well. I installed it and all seems to be working fine. Of course, I haven't really tried to use it. Hopefully tomorrow I will.

I printed out my LOs at Costco and was elated with the whole experience. The guy at the photo counter was very helpful in giving me a place where I can download the photo printer's custom color palette so I can more accurately see what my photos and LOs will look like and so I can be using the same colors that will be printed in my pages. Now if I can only figure out to use it. I posted over at the SBB forums and hopefully someone there will be able to help. So for $2.99 I was able to print a 12x18 poster size (of which I only need 12x12 for the LOs, so then added 3 4x6 pictures at the bottom - to send to relatives and hang around the house). Can't be beat! I was able to have it in 10 minutes since it was a slow day - so we went to have a hot pretzel while we waited since the dd was absolutely starving (little diva! - she just ate, so no, I'm not starving my child).

Tonight we celebrated Dr. Suess's 100th birthday by having... GREEN EGGS and HAM (bacon) for dinner... with some hashbrowns on the side - because any excuse for eating potatoes and I'm there! And of course we read assorted Dr. Seuss books throughout the day (Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You? and There's a Wocket in My Pocket) and our cousin came over to do laundry this evening because her dryer spontanteously broke yesterday and she read Green Eggs and Ham for a bedtime book. Having a guest reader is such a special treat!

For those following along in the ezcema/skin rash/what is wrong with my baby saga - the allergist that we saw earlier in the week said he has a skin infection and put him on oral steroids, antibiotics, and an antihistamine. We weren't able to get him tested for allergies since he was too broken out and they couldn't find any place on his body to do it (his arms and legs were surprisingly clear due to the previous treatment of topical steroids but since he's always flailing them, that would not have been the preferable location). So we will go back in 2 1/2 weeks for the testing. Until then I'm supposed to bath him *more often* (totally contradicting what our pediatrician said) and keep him soaking for 20 minutes then lube him with vaseline. Yeah right... I don't know what planet he's living on but my son starts screaming at the top of his lungs after 20 seconds of being in the bath (not just regular top-of-the-lungs screaming but psycho-my-head-is-going-to-start-spinning screaming). Next up - well baby exam this Friday. I'm hoping I don't have to go to any doctors offices next week after going to 4 visits in 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home