5.28.2005

I forgot to post that our CSA delivery DID come around 1:30 on Wednesday. Thanks Mom for reminding me. Here's a picture of the goodies (notice everyone has to come and check it out). It's been the coldest May in 100 years so there weren't any strawberries as is customary in the first delivery... here's what we got: asparagus (ate it within 2 hours of opening it - all by myself - in one sitting - dipped in aioli), dill (going to plant it in the garden), greens (I think this is spinach - not sure though - but I used a few leaves in my procuitto and fontina panini - delish), kale (going to use it in a soup with potatoes and leeks - I'll post the recipe when I make it - need to go to the grocery store today), and green onions - love these for stir-fry. Maybe I'll make some chicken and shrimp fried rice - since that's what I'm craving. I think that's everything. The kids are both still sick. Before my daughter went to bed last night I gave her a breathing treatment since she was wheezing (right after Mike gave our son a breathing treatment -- tag team style). My daughter woke up last night at 10 with a fever. So our weekend will likely be mostly low-key and solitary so we don't infect the rest of our neighbors, friends and friends. No neighborhood luau tonight as planned (that's okay - I forgot to buy grass skirts for us girls).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home