6.06.2005

Food on my mind

Fine Cooking is one of my favorite cooking magazines and for meal planning this week I decided to make a few of the meals from this issue (after eating theme park food - we need some better tastes!! - no deep fried, bland stuff please... and maybe a little fresh veggies are in order).

On the menu:
(1) Herb-Marinated Skirt Steak (or flank) with pesto-style salsa verde served with Romaine Hearts with lemon vinagriette and shaved parmesan;
(2) Spicy Thai Shrimp Kebabs (and chicken for the little one - not so spicy) with Chile-Lemongrass Dipping Sauce with the green bean salad that you see on the cover of the mag this month;
(3) grilled pizza (not from this issue),
(4)Seared Chicken with Sriracha Dipping Sauce served with edamame and jasmine rice (Cooking Light July 2004).

I'm craving grilled meats with sauces this week... and fresh veggies simply prepared. Sauces are great because they can be made ahead of time (think - during the baby's nap) and my daughter loves helping me mix things so she can get involved. Then all you have to do is grill some veggies or meat and serve with the sauce. Lots of flavor very little time at a stove during the witching hour (dinner time - when everyone is cranky and my daughter is constantly saying, "Is dinner ready yet?" or "I'm hungry n-o-w!")

I feel so much better now that the grocery list is made. I'm such a creature of habit. At least we'll be eating well this week. I need a grease detox!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home