7.13.2005

Day 3

How many days does it take to make a new habit, again? Because I forgot. I went to the gym today and took part in a real, live group exercise class, took the kiddies to the play center there (didn't go over so well)... it's been a long time since I've participated in one of these types of classes - since the kids appeared on the scene, well maybe arrived is more appropriate, since I don't want you to think I wiggled my nose and all of sudden two darling little children appeared... so since they've been here I've been a work-out-at-home or, less seldom, a with-jogging-stroller gal. But I realize now, as if I didn't realize it before while trying to complete 12 measley push-ups (bent-knee mind you), that I am OUTTA SHAPE folks! There was an 80 year old woman in the class that was doing all of the push-ups... and this was in the first 20 minutes. There were 100 lunges and 200 squats and 300 kicks and 400 crunches and 500 bodybar whatchamicalits. At least it felt that way. There's no way I'm going to be able to move tomorrow morning. But I STILL DID IT, right?! I'll spare you every day of my working out - but for the first week I feel that if I'm obligated to write about it here then I'll be motivated to do it! So bear with me for a few more days.

I am not feeling creative today... it started last night really but I haven't shaken it yet. And tonight I'm hoping I can persuade my DH to watch a movie. I haven't picked up my camera in a few days - because of the now 2 hinge-broken battery door (instead of just one). When my DH got the mail the other day we thought the Best Buy gift certificate came in -- and you know what that would mean - NEW CAMERA DAY. But it wasn't yesterday. MAYBE TODAY! Gotta go check the mailbox to see if it came yet.

My favorite LO of the day is: 5 Things
It's actually a collection of 5 or so layouts by scrappingmum ... and I love the idea. Will have to lift this for the future...

2 Comments:

Blogger DBCooper Family said...

I don't go to classes anymore. Last time I went to aerobics, the instructor gave me a paper with different steps on it to practice at home before I came back :) I am TOTALLY uncoordinated!

You tried, and that is the first step to getting back in shape! So GOOD for you!!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Carrie Stephens said...

Good for you girl!!! you should be proud of yourself! i would have walked in there and probably turned right back around. I am really out of shape too and havent been back to the gym sincei was 3 months pregnant with my youngest, he is now almost 2!! I hope that you werent too sore in the morning

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home