7.10.2005

Meet the ScrapArtist Creative Team - tonight!

Just finished The Great Gatsby last night (in the nick of time - since my book club meeting is tonight)! I thought I enjoyed this book when I read it the first time in high school (required reading)... but I was just so disgusted with the characters... I mean why does Nick hang around with people his whole summer that he doesn't like? Maybe it's was the author's intention to paint the times as appearing glamorous and exciting, but actually lonely. Can't remember the literary analysis from back then... but I can't have imagined that I would have done the same as Nick. As for Gatsby, I'm amazed that he hung on to Daisy for so long. That man was persistent. And Daisy... well I don't know what to make of her. I can see both sides. But since I read this so quick I'm sure I missed things so I look forward to discussing it tonight with friends. And onto a more creative note... tonight it's the ScrapArtist's Meet the Creative Team chat/crop. Come to the chat tonight from 10-11pm EST (in the new ScrapArtist chat room: http://www.scrapartist.com/scrapchat/index.php). I'm amazed by the talent on this team. And they are all so much fun. Loved working with everyone so much. Hope to see you there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pattie said...

Lisa! Just found the link to your blog on Kim's. I've enjoyed getting to know my fellow CT member better here and will be back to visit frequently. By the way, I agree with your thoughts regarding Gatsby. (wink) Glad to see that I'm not the only one revisiting old reads this Summer. Don't laugh...but I just read Little Women again and enjoyed every word!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Rhonda said...

Oh man...I love that kit. I couldn't go to the crop, had to work. It is amazing!!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home