8.16.2005

I've had a scrapping block lately... or maybe it's that when I felt creativity come I wasn't able to scrap and then when I'd have time I'd sit in front of my computer and not have a clue as to where I should start. So I looked at the eye-candy in Rebecca Sower's book again. I love fabric and texture and stitching so I get so happy looking at her creative layouts. I also started going through the earlier files of pictures that I have.

There are SO MANY pictures that are scrapable... not because they are of professional quality but because there is so much that I want to remember and show the kids when they get bigger. Not to mention the vacation stuff that I want to be able to look back on when I'm old and grey and sitting on a porch swing with Mike. So below is a LO with some of those older pics.

And by the way, the color in these papers remind me of childhood. Why you ask?? I was the only kid in town that asked for her room to be, NO - not pink or lavender. No I was WAAY more original (or outdated) than that - I asked for GREEN, ORANGE, and YELLOW! Yep, 2 of my walls were wallpapered with plaid in these colors and the other 2 were painted solid green. Enough of that!

Here's "Wings of Fancy", Brookside Gardens, May 2003

"When we walked into the butterfly atrium, all around us were verdant plants and jeweled flowers. It was humid and we were at the entrance of what looked like a giant greenhouse. It didn�t seem like there were all that many butterflies. But when we looked closer we realized we were surrounded by them. On many of the flowers and in special �sweet plates� carefully placed among the gardens there were butterflies aplenty. There were no strollers allowed inside so it was hard to see all the beauty that this exhibit had to offer since we were chasing after you - our very curious toddler. But we were able to get a glimpse of a cocoon house that contained hundreds oft caterpillars in various stages of becoming a butterfly. After we finished this exhibit we wandered the grounds of Brookside Gardens. You were most interested in a fountain we encountered along our walk."

Jen WIlson's Worn Comfort Aunt Ida's Sunroom

Fonts: Carpenter, Typewriter, Tw Cent, Misproject

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great layout! I love the photo with the butterfly. Beautiful detail.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

This is so pretty--Some of my favorite colors as a kid were the 'citrus' colors-lemon, lime and oranges...hmmm....maybe that's why I like this LO so much!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Amazing. You always know exactly the kits and colors to use. I think this is one of my favorite LO's you've posted - purely for its asthetic value.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home