8.25.2005

Lots of excitement!

Great news on the allergy front. I called up the dr. that we went to see 2 weeks ago and we got the results back from his blood test - and HE'S OUTGROWN HIS WHEAT AND DAIRY allergy!!! WAHOOOO. I don't know if I could shout that any loudly! This is FANTASTIC - which means he WON'T NEED to be on formula for all of next year and possibly beyond. He'll be able to switch to milk relatively soon after turning one. And for his first birthday I won't need to be making the brown rice birthday cake (even though I now have $45 worth of allergy baking products). And the tests also showed that he is no longer allergic to corn, oatmeal, peas, bananas, or millet. He is still VERY allergic to eggs, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Who cares?! The kid can eat a piece of plain bread should the desire for anything other than purees strike his fancy (given that no eggs were in said bread - hey that rhymed).

I'm also so excited because I signed Jessi up for dance class!! It's a ballet and tap class (but for age range and there's a recital at the end - how cute!!). I'm not really a girlie-girl but this makes me giddy! I don't know if it's a right of passage thing, or because I did it when I was younger, or because we're trying something different, or because she'll wear a cute little leaotard... but I am just so happy about this. And maybe this will get me into the girlie spirit! Maybe I will be able to embrace my inner-girlie-girl. She must be lurking somewhere in there! So here's a photo as we are trying on some ballet shoes that we bought for class.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You rock! -- DH

2:40 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

This is all really great news! So happy that Ryan is getting over some of his allergies. I am counting the days until I can enroll Lil A in dance classes. Have fun!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home